This is Barton Springs Pool. I have lived here for 16 years and went to this beautiful natural springs pool for the first time. Now I know why...it was COLD! I hate being cold. But when it's 106º outside, who cares.
So much has happened since I last wrote in December. I must say that it is absolutely impossible to do anything creative during the school year. There is so much going on that I can barely find an empty day on the calendar. But I am still making bears. Honest.
If you read my blog you know that I had the flu at Christmas. Well, exactly a month later, my son got it and gave it to my daughter. Then a month after that, we all got the stomach flu. Which I have to say was a nightmare. My son actually ended up in the hospital. We were all heaving at the same time and were in our beds for 3 days.
For time sake I will list what has occurred since last December...
- We all got the flu
- I got a new camera for Christmas, it's awesome
- We all got the stomach flu
- We had the hailstorm from hell
- I raced spring mountain biking series
- My daughter got straight A's all year
- Carlos the bird...sigh...sadness...I will share that story soon
- We got a new Mac, my husband finally went to the dark side. LOL! He was a hardcore PC user.
- I had hand surgery
- My hand abscessed a week before I went on vacation (scary)
- I went on vacation, the vacation I have waited 18 years to take
- My sister and husband visited from California with their 5 kids
- I went to Schlitterbahn for the first time in my life. Schlitterbahn is the #1 waterpark in the country, and now I know why.
When my husband and I got married we said, "We'll go for our 5th anniversary." It came and went.
Then we said, "We'll go for our 10th."
"Okay, we'll go for our 15th."
"Well crud, maybe for our 20th."
We finally went...9 days of fun in paradise...with our kids. Just shy of our 18th anniversary.
Go ahead kids...get in. It's the PACIFIC ocean, not the Gulf of Mexico.
We couldn't believe we finally made it. We are 5 hours ahead in Texas. So the first day we woke up at 4:30am and headed down to the beach. We didn't have to go far since our hotel was ON the beach. We stayed at the Outrigger on the Beach. Absolutely the best service and hospitality I have EVER had at a hotel. It's sandwiched between the historic Royal Hawaiian and Moana Surfrider Hotel, the oldest luxurious hotels on Waikiki Beach.
Later that day, my son wasn't sure of the waves. That's me in the pink tube coaxing him in the water.
It didn't take him long.
My husband took about 1700 photos. He's the photographer and you can really appreciate the photos on his site since I have really reduced the quality. I think I snapped a few hundred. More to come...
Oh, and thank you for checking my blog. I do check the stats and know y'all are reading.